[Bath, 30/07/2020] The Royal, one of the most popular and highly rated hotels in Bath city centre, has reopened its doors to the public last July 24, 2020. This is the first time the hotel welcomed guests since the start of the coronavirus outbreak.
The National Tourist Organisations of Great Britain and Northern Islands recognises the hotel’s compliance with Government and COVID-19 guidelines. The Royal ensures safety protocols are implemented to maintain 100% cleanliness. These processes are also designed to aid both social and physical distancing.
General principles applicable to both employees and staff
• All employees are required to have their temperature checked and note the moment they arrive for work.
• Staff members with a temperature above 37 degrees, or a persistent cough, or exhibiting other symptoms related to the virus will be asked to return home immediately.
• On arrival, all guests will be respectfully asked to allow us to check their temperature.
• All employees must wear protective PPE in compliance to Government laws.
• All employees should thoroughly wash their hands regularly when not wearing gloves.
• All employees are subject to social distancing guidelines at all times.
• A recommended sanitiser will be used to disinfect all frequently touched surfaces and items.
• All employees will undergo sufficient training on health and safety practices.
• Every single guest is expected to adhere to official social distancing guidelines.
The following guidelines will also be applied to housekeeping practices:
• Additional time will be given for a more intensive sanitising of each bedroom before it is re-let.
• All surfaces and items likely to be touched by guests will be disinfected thoroughly.
• Each room will come with a small bottle of sanitiser for guest use.
• The hotel’s official laundry supplier has confirmed that they are adhering to Government guidelines and their industry best practices. Further measures are in place including an increased washing temperature of no less than 76 degrees, which is the new safety standard.
The Royal Bath is committed to providing a safe environment for customers and staff alike. Investments in training and safety will ensure each guest enjoys a healthy, comfortable, and relaxing stay.
About The Royal Hotel, Bath
The Royal has a 150-year-old tradition of delivering hospitality to the highest standards. Conveniently situated in the heart of Bath, The Royal is a Grade II listed building which first opened its doors as a hotel in 1846. The present owners have owned it since 1995 and has undergone several upgrades to improve their facilities whilst preserving the classic architectural style of the property. Their quality food, friendly staff, and world-class amenities set them apart from other Bath city centre hotels.
To book a reservation, visit their website at www.royalhotelbath.co.uk.