MG Business Solutions in association with Swiss School of Business & Management presented Honorary Doctorate Degrees 2021 to African business leaders whose exemplified leadership qualities, vision and service attributed to their outstanding public service amidst global crises. Themed “The Values of Selfless”, the ceremony was held at W-Hotel, The Palm, Dubai and was presided over by Mario Silic, Dean of Swiss School of Business & Management, Switzerland via Zoom. Modeling excellence and commitment to driving the African agenda, thirteen recipients across various industries were acknowledged for their outstanding governance and commitment to serving others. The awards are expected to become an annual event and will operate as a source of inspiration to African leaders across the spectrum.
The Honorary Doctorate Degrees are presented to individuals for their exceptional contributions to society or as recognition of lifetime achievement within their specialized field. While the recipients do not have to meet academic qualifications, the awards are conferred to personalities whose community integration is an integral part embedded into their professional ethos.
To officiate the event, Mario Silic, praised the African leaders for their perseverance and their determination to present an unbiased African narrative. In his opening address he emphasized on the importance of social agenda within business transformation.
“The pandemic brought about formidable challenge; intellectual energies were confronted with the reality of unpredictability of our times and the impact on business and communities. This Honorary Doctorate Award is the light at the end of the tunnel; it represents a turning point by acknowledging exemplary leadership at the forefront of human capital development. As global economy moves towards recovery, our theme “The Value of Selfless” appropriately takes into account societal impact delivered by organisations and its executives” said Mr. Dr. Michael Adegoke, CEO, MG Business Solutions.
MGBS continues to produce programmes to match demands of the evolving business landscape in Africa. Collaborations with government and private sectors ensure MGBS maintains strategic associations to facilitate cross pollination amongst corporations and industries. With its diverse portfolio, MGBS strives to streamline its business to deliver sustainable solutions, corporate value and human capital essential.
• Mr. Godwin Kofi Akuamoah, Managing Director & CEO - Right Consult & General Suppliers Ltd
• Roberta Ayalingo, Managing Director & Founder - Wibexly Gh Ltd
• Mukesh V. Thankwani - B5 Plus Steel Industry
• Daniel Asamoah Adu, CEO - Glory Inventing & Research Mission
• Dr. George Gyamfi-Osew - Director, Operations, National Lottery Authority
• Felix Mawuli Kamassah - CEO, Maphlix Trust Ghana Ltd
• Godspower Oshodin - Founder, Solution Media Global Ltd
• Dr. Francis Kaboo - Professor
• Benson Opoku - Founder, Akro-Farms Limited
• Eng. Michael Krakue - Executive Chairman, ADK Consortium
• Benjamin Kingsley Sarpong - Managing Director, Chase Petroleum Ghana Ltd
• Dr. Andrew Kwabena Asamoah - Founder & CEO, A&C Development Co. Ltd.
• Hugh Keku Aryee - COO, Hanergy Global Group