January 28, 2020
— It very often leads to pimples which are embarrassing, it is time consuming since it takes a lot of effort to care for properly, and more often than not, there's nothing you can do to treat the cause.
What causes Oily Skin?
There are a number of causes, some of which are treatable, and some of which are not. These include:
1. Genetics. This is one of those that you can do nothing about. A propensity for larger than normal sebaceous glands (the glands in your skin that secrete the sebum or oil) is passed on through the generations and usually affects every member of the family that share that gene.
2. Overuse of skincare products. There is nothing worse for your skin than obsessively cleaning it. If you continuously wash away all the natural oils, all you are doing is signalling your glands to secrete more. Furthermore, using too much product too frequently will just clog your pores.
3. Stress: Any sort of stress, whether it is emotional, mental or physical, has an effect on your hormones and therefore the systems or processes they control - including the amount of sebum your sebaceous glands produce.
4. Hormone levels: As most women know, changes in hormones - like those experienced during a menstrual cycle, pregnancy and menopause - can really mess up skin.
5. Medication. Basically, any medication that influences your hormone levels can have a huge effect on how much oil your sebaceous glands produce.
So, what can I do?
• Invest in Cheapest Skincare For Oily Skin products that have been specifically designed for oily skin. Avoid any harsh products that will cause your skin to scale or dry out.
• If your skin is particularly oily, look for a face wash that contains some kind of acid.
• Use warm water when washing your face. However, make sure that it is not so hot that it burns.
• Avoid touching your face too much. This includes your cell phone.
• Be gentle when you're exfoliating. Don't do it too often and make sure that you are not rubbing the sebum deeper into your pores.
• A clay mask is one of the Cheapest Skincare For Sensitive Skin products since it contains kaolin (also known as china clay) that absorb oils and soothes the skin.
For more details, check www.myclinic.com.my
8G Jalan SS21/35, Damansara Utama
E: [email protected]